So much is happening in Verb land, so I thought I’d give you an update. Next week, I promise, we’ll get straight to the good stuff – tips for writing top-notch SEO content.
Google showed Verb love
- Yes, we initially announced that our 90-day blogging challenge failed.
- But that was a little premature – since now we’re ranking on page 1 for 2 of our key terms!
- The goal was to optimise the Verb website with written content to see how SEO copywriting alone can impact website rankings.
- No other SEO was performed on the website – just 3 blogs per week for 90 days. (Okay, to be honest, some weeks we didn’t hit 3.)
- Quality SEO writing is now a major factor when it comes to ranking well. But more on that later!
SEO Writing Methods Reviewed
- We’ve revised our SEO writing methods to ensure our clients know what we’re doing and why.
- Being transparent about our processes is a big deal to us.
- We’ll be sharing a complete list of our core SEO writing strategies with you next week.
Verb meets new Perth people
- Lately we’ve been having conversations with writers in Perth.
- It’s been so lovely to connect with the talented folk of WA.
- Although website writing is our specialty, we can also help people with press releases, technical writing, grants, corporate letters and other business related-content.
- This is largely thanks to the many specialised writers we work with.
Women in Technology Western Australia
- Verb joined WITWA (Women in Technology WA). We attended their Melbourne Cup Luncheon and met some inspiring women in business.
- We also became a member of Women in Focus.
- It’s a great group, with wonderful support networks. And it’s free!
Social Media rules
- Social media has organically become a part of Verb’s service.
- We’ll be revising our services list in the new year to reflect this.
- Since written content is such a big part of social media, it felt right to offer our clients a little extra support by posting and managing their Facebook accounts, and other social media platforms.
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed about how social media can work for your business, we’re happy to have a chat with you, free of charge.
Writer’s Bloc nears 1,000 Likes
- We started a new Facebook Group called Writer’s Bloc last month and we’re nearly at 1,000 Likes.
- The Group is for writers who want inspiration and understanding from folk who get what they’re about. It’s for anyone who believes they are a writer – no matter what you write, what you write on, or how much you write!
- Amanda Taylor – a writer, editor and education guru living in Melbourne is posting some wonderful quotes and links (and me!).
- Check it out if words are your thing!
- We’re now keeping Fridays free to develop resources for our clients.
- Verb is still open for business on Friday, so calls and emails are welcome!
Thanks for reading our update! We’re back on the weekly blog wagon, and have some great content lined up for you.
Next week we’ll be writing about how to make your blog search engine friendly.